Below you will find a summary of our recent missions. Our life-saving services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and are completely free of charge to everyone in Hawke's Bay. For more information about our work please contact the Fundraising Team on 06 878 1630 or email email@example.com
7 days ago - Sunday 23rd February
• 1130 hours Tasked by Air Desk to an MVA near Waipukurau, where a child was suffering abdominal injuries as a result of the accident, he was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital whilst other passengers involved in the accident were transported to Waipukuau Medical Centre
• 1450 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Mahia to a quad bike rollover on a farm, where two female riders of the quad bike suffered moderate to serious injuries – both patients were flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
• 1730 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Tutira to two female patients involved in an MVA, both patients were flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for follow up treatment.
8 days ago - Saturday 22nd February
• 1530 hours Tasked by Air Desk to an MVA at Mangaweka near Taihape, due to low cloud in the vicinity of the accident it was necessary to turn back and return to Hastings Base.
• 1700 hours Flew to Wairoa with a DHB flight team to retrieve a teenage child with a head injury, the child was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for further treatment.
9 days ago - Friday 21st February
1545 hours Tasked by Police to assist with recovery of rescue swimmers and a child from the sea off marine parade. The rescue swimmers were successfully winched to safety, but unfortunately the child had passed away.
11 days ago - Wednesday 19th February
1254 hours Flew to Wairoa with DHB flight team to retrieve a 61 y/o male patient with a cardiac condition.
14 days ago - Sunday 16th February
1450 hours Tasked by Air Desk to a motor-cross rally at Ashley Clinton where a male rider, aged in his 40’s had crashed and suffered multiple moderate injuries – he was transported to Hawke’s Bay Hospital
1615 hours Tasked by Police to Ruahine Ranges to a group of trampers who were lost and dis-orientated. The uninjured trampers were air lifted back to their car.
15 days ago - Saturday 15th February
1415 hours At the request of HBDHB transported a male patient, aged in his 70’s suffering from a stroke, along with a Doctor and Nurse, to Wellington Hospital.
16 days ago - Friday 14th February
1545 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Tuai to an MVA, where a female patient incurred head and neck injuries – she was flown to Hawkes Bay Hospital
2330 hours At the request of DHB transported a female patient accompanied by a Doctor and Nurse to Wellington Hospital.
17 days ago - Thursday 13th February
0830 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Kereru where a man aged in his 60’s, was stung by a bee causing an allergic reaction – the man was flown to Hawkes Bay Hospital.
18 days ago - Wednesday 12th February
1200 hours At the request of HBDHB the helicopter flew to Wairoa Hospital, to retrieve 2 patients – a female patient with abdominal pains and a male patient with an infection – both patients were flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital
19 days ago - Tuesday 11th February
0130 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Kotemaori to a female patient, aged in her 60’s, suffering a stroke, she was flown to Hawkes Bay Hospital.
1245 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Tuai to a 2 car MVA, where and female passenger incurred broken ribs and other injuries – the passenger along with her partner (uninjured in the accident) were flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
1500 hours At the request of HBDHB the helicopter transported a nurse and midwife to Wairoa Hospital for a patient with labour complications.