Below you will find a summary of our recent missions. Our life-saving services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and are completely free of charge to everyone in Hawke's Bay. For more information about our work please contact the Fundraising Team on 06 878 1630 or email email@example.com
2 days ago - Sunday 29th January
• 1430 hours At the request of the hospital flew to Wairoa with a Doctor and tow Flight Nurses to retrieve an infant female patient with a medical condition.
3 days ago - Saturday 28th January
• 1800 hours Requested by Rescue Coordination Centre to be on standby for a report of the Wellington to Picton ferry issuing a may-day call. Adverse weather would have prevented our helicopter from responding, but the incident was down-graded and helicopters were stood down.
4 days ago - Friday 27th January
• 0900 hours At the request of the hospital flew to Wairoa with a Doctor and Flight Nurse to retrieve a 23 y/o female patient with a medical condition.
5 days ago - Thursday 26th January
• 1210 hours At the request of the hospital flew to Wairoa with a Doctor and Flight Nurse to retrieve a 52 y/o female patient with a medical condition.
6 days ago - Wednesday 25th January
• 0104 hours Tasked by Air Desk to meet a St John ambulance at the Wairoa helipad for handover of a male patent with a post-operative bleed, the patient was flown to Hawke’s Bay hospital for follow up treatment.
• 1751 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Tongariro Crossing. Upon arrival, and unable to locate a tramper requiring assistance, the crew was advised by Air Desk to stand down because the tramper had managed to walk out.
7 days ago - Tuesday 24th January
• 0910 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Waimarama to a report of a male fisherman sustain as severe laceration to his lower leg whilst in the process of launching a small fishing boat, the patient was flown to Hawke’s bay hospital for treatment.
• 1023 hours Tasked by Air Desk to a report of a medical event on a small fishing boat 5 km due east of Napier Port. On arrival at the scene it was necessary to lower our Critical Care Paramedic in to the water to swim to the small boat where one of the 2 occupants on the boat was under active CPR from his friend. The Coast Guard arrived and pulled alongside and transferred the patient and our Paramedic who continued active CPR until arriving back at the Napier Sailing Club when it was determined the patient could not be revived.
8 days ago - Monday 23rd January
• 1333 hours At the request of hospital flew to Wairoa with a Doctor and Flight Nurse to retrieve a 4 y/o female child with a medical condition.
• 1553 hours At the request of hospital flew to Palmerston North to transfer a 71 y/o male patient from ICU to ICU, the patient was accompanied by an ICU doctor and flight nurse.
9 days ago - Sunday 22nd January
• 1145 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Mangaorapa in Central Hawke’s Bay to a teenage motor cyclist who had fallen and sustained a neck injury, whilst participating at a motor-cross event – the patient was flown to Hawke’s Bay hospital for assessment and treatment.
• 1635 hours Tasked by Hospital to fly to Wairoa, with a Doctor and Flight Nurse, to retrieve a 31 y/o female patient with breathing difficulties.
• 1815 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Clifton to a report of a person in the water and floating face down – a search of the area failed to find an such person, so the helicopter was stood down.
10 days ago - Saturday 21st January
• 1315 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Tongariro Crossing to a report of a walker having fallen – the helicopter was stood down en-route when a helicopter nearer to the incident became available.
• 1600 hours Tasked by Rescue Coordination Centre to a PLB activation in the Ruahine Ranges – adverse weather prevented the helicopter reaching the location, forcing our crew to return to base. The Palmerston North helicopter attempted to reach the location by approaching from the other side of the ranges, but they too were unable to reach the location.
11 days ago - Friday 20th January
• 0900 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Porangahau to an incident of a man falling from a truck whilst loading wool bales – the patient was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.