Below you will find a summary of our recent missions. Our life-saving services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and are completely free of charge to everyone in Hawke's Bay. For more information about our work please contact the Fundraising Team on 06 878 1630 or email email@example.com
4 days ago - • 1100 hours At the request of HBDHB flew to Wellington with a 68 y/o male patient with a cardiac complaint.
• 1700 hours At the request of HBDHB flew to Wairoa to retrieve a female patient with pregnancy complications
5 days ago - • 0500 hours Responded by Air Desk to a report of an MVA in Central Hawke’s Bay – the helicopter was stood down soon after becoming airborne.
6 days ago - • 1230 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Kahuranaki to a female tramper, aged in her 80’s who had a sudden collapse – she was flown to Hawkes Bay Hospital.
• 1700 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Takapau to a female patient with stroke-like symptoms – she was flown to Hawkes Bay Hospital.
8 days ago - • 1200 hours Tasked by Rescue Coordination Centre to a PLB activation in the Kawekas, where a hunter activated his beacon as he fell down a rocky cliff face. Upon arrival of the helicopter the hunter had recovered his position, our paramedic gave the fallen hunter a quick check-up, and determined that transport was not required.
• 2045 hours At the request of Air Desk responded to Takapua to an infant child with a medical condition – the young patient was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
9 days ago - • 1055 hours At the request of Air Desk met a road ambulance at our helipad for handover of a 74 y/o female patient with a cardiac issue requiring immediate transfer to Wellington Hospital.
11 days ago - • 1730 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Tikitiki to support the Gisborne Helicopter searching for a report of a person lost at sea, the search was abandoned before we arrived in Tikitiki so our team returned to base.
12 days ago - • 1200 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Ruatoria to an elderly female patient with a cardiac condition, the patient was transported directly to Waikato Hospital.
• 1745 hours Immediately after return from Waikato – requested by DHB to fly to Wairoa, with a Midwife and Flight Nurse, to retrieve a patient with birthing complications.
• 1930 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Nuhaka to a male patient with a sudden loss of consciousness, the patient was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for follow up assessment and treatment.
13 days ago - • 0700 hours At the request of DHB flew to Wairoa with a flight nurse to retrieve an elderly male patient with a medical condition.
14 days ago - • 1440 hours Tasked by Air Desk to attend and MVA at Wairakei near Taupo, as part of a 2 helicopter response – reports from the scene indicated we were not required so helicopter returned to base.
16 days ago - • 0630 hours At the request for HBDHB flew a male patient with a cardiac condition, accompanied by an ICU Doctor and Flight Nurse, to Wellington Hospital.
• 1630 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Tiniroto to a hunter complaining of a chest pain, he was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for follow up assessment and treatment.
• 2200 hours At the request of Rescue Coordination Centre responded to a beacon activation where the Ripia River meets the Mohaka River, to a hunter with a leg injury sustained in a fall – the hunter was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for follow up treatment.