Below you will find a summary of our recent missions. Our life-saving services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and are completely free of charge to everyone in Hawke's Bay. For more information about our work please contact the Fundraising Team on 06 878 1630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
7 days ago - Sunday 9th May
• 1615 hours At the request of HBDHB flew to Wairoa Hospital, with a flight nurse, to retrieve a female patient with a medical condition.
8 days ago - Saturday 8th May
• 1445 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Herbertville to a female patient suffering a dislocated hip resulting from a fall – she was flown to Palmerston North Hospital.
9 days ago - Friday 7th May
• 0730 hours Tasked by Rescue Coordination Centre to a PLB activation on the Mohaka River. Adverse weather was encountered at Patoka so the helicopter landed at Patoka waiting for weather to clear.
• 0910 hours Whilst waiting at Patoka tasked by Air Desk to respond to a motorcycle accident at Elsthorpe – a male motorcyclist was transported to Hawkes Bay Hospital with minor to moderate injuries.
( the Geenlea Rescue Helicopter from Taupo was able to attend the PLB incident on the Mohaka River).
15 days ago - Saturday 1st May
• 1300 hours Requested by HBDHB to fly to Wairoa with a midwife and nurse to a female patient with a difficult labour – the baby was delivered successfully in Wairoa and it was decided that transport was not required.
• 1930 hours Requested by HBDHB to fly to Wairoa, with a Doctor and Flight Nurse, to retrieve an infant with a respiratory problem.
16 days ago - Friday 30th April
• 0415 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Taihape to a patient with a medical condition – the helicopter was stood down en route.
• 1000 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Whakaki to a female motorcyclist, who swerved to avoid something on the road and skidded – she sustained multiple injuries and was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for follow up treatment.
• 1630 hours Requested by HBDHB to fly to Wairoa, with a Doctor and Nurse, to retrieve a teenage female patient previously involved in an MVA.
• 1900 hours Requested by HBDHB to return to Wairoa, with a flight nurse, to retrieve another teenage female patient, also involved in a MVA.
17 days ago - Thursday 29th April
• 1500 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Te Mata Peak where a teenage male had fallen from a mountain bike and sustained an arm injury – he was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital
18 days ago - Wednesday 28th April
• 1600 hours Requested by HBDHB to fly to Wairoa, with an ICU Doctor and Flight Nurse, to retrieve a female patient, aged in her 60’s, with a cardiac complaint.
19 days ago - Tuesday 27th April
• 0610 hours At the request of HBDHB attempted to transfer a male patient suffering from a stroke requiring clot retrieval in Auckland Hospital. The patient was flown to Taupo when adverse weather meant the flight could not continue under VFR (visual flight rules). The rescue helicopter from Hamilton, which operates under IFR (instrument flight rules), flew to Taupo to take a handover of the patient and complete the transfer to Auckland.
• 1200 hours The crew waited for the weather in Taupo to improve to return to Hawke’s Bay. On the return flight the helicopter was tasked by Air Desk to an MVA at Takapau – once other emergency services arrived at the accident site at Takapau it was determined that a helicopter response was not required so the helicopter stood down.
20 days ago - Monday 26th April
• 1155 hours Requested by HBDHB to fly to Wairoa, with ICU Doctor and Flight Nurse to retrieve a male patient, aged in his 60’s, with a cardiac complaint.
• 1520 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Mahia to a female patient aged in her 70’s, who had fallen and sustained a leg injury.
21 days ago - • 0150 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Takapua to a male patient with a medical condition – he was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital
• 1530 hours Tasked by Air Desk to SH-5 at Tarawera to a motor vehicle rollover, where a male passenger sustained head injuries – he was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.