Below you will find a summary of our recent missions. Our life-saving services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and are completely free of charge to everyone in Hawke's Bay. For more information about our work please contact the Fundraising Team on 06 878 1630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
10 days ago - Sunday 22nd March
1700 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Maraekakaho where a teenage motor cyclist had an accident on a river bed and fractured a leg, he was flown to Hawkes Bay Hospital.
11 days ago - Saturday 21st March
1530 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Taihape to a teenage motor cross rider who had fallen and suffered a head injury, the rider was transported to Whanganui Hospital
1715 hours Tasked by Air Desk to a location near Waiouru Army Camp to a MVA where a male patient suffered a leg injury, he was transported to Whanganui Hospital
12 days ago - Friday 20th March
0915 hours tasked by Air Desk to Raetahi (near Ohakune) to a 63 y/o male who had fallen and was suffering concussion. The patient was flown to Whanganui Hospital.
1145 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Pongaroa to a child with an injury to an eye, the child was flown to Palmerson North Hospital.
1545 hours At the request of DHB transported a 60 y/o female with a cardiac condition, accompanied by an ICU doctor and flight nurse, to Wellington Hospital.
14 days ago - Wednesday 18th March
2000 hours At the request of the DHB, transported a male patient with a cardiac condition, accompanied by an ICU doctor and flight nurse, to Wellington Hospital.
17 days ago - Sunday 15th March
• 0300 Hours At the request of St John and the Air Desk, meet a road ambulance at the helicopter base and transported a female patient with a cardiac complaint to Wellington Hospital
• 1220 Hours Tasked by Air Desk to Wairoa to a MVA where a male patient, suffering back and neck injuries, required transport to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
18 days ago - Saturday 14th March
• 0400 hours Received a patient, with a cardiac complaint, from a St John Road Ambulance for immediate transfer to Wellington Hospital.
• 1430 hours Whilst en route to a motorbike accident at Ruakitori, requested by Air Desk to redirect to the Mohaka River near Kotemaori, to a rafting accident, where a male occupant of the raft had drowned. The body of the deceased person was recovered and flown to Wairoa Airport for handover to Police and the Duty Undertaker. (the motor cycle accident was attended by the Gisborne Rescue Helicopter which transported the motor cyclist to Hawkes Bay Hospital)
• 2145 hours Tasked by Air Desk to attend a single vehicle accident at Te Haroto – the helicopter was stood down en route after Police arrived at the scene of the accident and reported no need for helicopter to attend.
19 days ago - Friday 13th March
• 1015 hours At the request of the DHB flew to Wairoa Hospital, with a Doctor and Flight Nurse, to a male patient with a cardiac complaint – the patient was flown directly from Wairoa Hospital to Wellington Hospital
20 days ago - Thursday 12th March
• 1630 hours Tasked by Air Desk to a single vehicle accident at Elsthorpe where a campervan appeared to have run off the road, the vehicle occupants were uninjured and did not require transport.
23 days ago - Monday 9th March
• 1300 hours tasked by Air Desk to attend a motorcycle accident at Woodville, where a female pillion passenger received moderate injuries, she was transported to Palmerston North Hospital.
25 days ago - Saturday 7th March
1045 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Mt Erin in Havelock North to a female competitor participating in the Triple Peaks fundraiser – the competitor was complaining of chest pain, she was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
1345 hours Tasked by Air Desk to a farm at Putorino to a teenage male who fell from a farm vehicle injuring his shoulder and hip – he was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
1830 hours Tasked by Police to conducted a search for a boat that was reportedly over turned off the coast between Ocean Beach and Waimarama – after searching unsuccessfully for an hour without any sighting of an overturned boat or debris the search was abandoned and the helicopter returned to base.