Below you will find a summary of our recent missions. Our life-saving services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and are completely free of charge to everyone in Hawke's Bay. For more information about our work please contact the Fundraising Team on 06 878 1630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
7 days ago - Sunday 18th July
• 1125 hours Awaited the arrival of a St John road ambulance for a helipad handover of a patient with a cardiac complaint requiring urgent transfer to Wellington Hospital.
• 1440 hours Whilst on the return journey from Wellington the helicopter was tasked by Air Desk to divert to Tiniu, in Wairarapa, to a female patient who had fallen from a ladder suffering serious head injuries – the patient was flown to Wellington hospital.
Whilst the Lowe Corporation Helicopter was attending these 2 missions – the Gisborne Rescue Helicopter attended a cardiac arrest in Te Awanga and the Palmerston North Rescue Helicopter attended a motor cycle accident in Tikokino.
9 days ago - Friday 16th July
• 1040 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Tikokino to a 55 y/o male with a medical condition – he was flown to Hawkes Bay Hospital.
12 days ago - Tuesday 13th July
• 1000 hours At the request of HBDHB flew to Wairoa Hospital with an ICU Doctor and Flight Nurse to a male patient with a cardiac complaint.
• 1230 hours Tasked by Police to fly to Mahia for possible water winch rescue of passengers overboard from a capsized boat. The helicopter was stood down when it was reported that the occupants of the boat were safely back on land.
14 days ago - Sunday 11th July
• 1645 hours Tasked by Air Desk to an MVA at Putorino, a 75 y/o male suffered minor injuries in the accident, and was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
• 1930 hours At the request of HBDHB flew to Wairoa Hospital, with an ICU Doctor and Flight Nurse to retrieve a male patient who had fallen and sustained moderate injuries.
19 days ago - Tuesday 6th July
• 0725 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Kotemaori to a logging vehicle which had over-turned. The driver of the truck had moderate injuries and was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
20 days ago - Monday 5th July
• 1600 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Patoka to a patient suffering with seizures. The patient was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital
21 days ago - Sunday 4th July
• 1245 hours Initially tasked by Air Desk to an MVA near Taupo, whilst en route requested to divert to Mangaweka to an MVA. A male patient from the MVA was flown to Whanganui Hospital.
• 1500 hours Whilst the helicopter was refuelling at Whanganui Airport the Air Desk requested a response to Manaia to a male patient who had fallen and suffered a serious head injury, the patient was transported to Taranaki Base Hospital.
22 days ago - Saturday 3rd July
• 1715 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Oueroa in Central Hawke’s Bay to an accident on a farm, where a male patient suffered a broken leg – the patient was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
25 days ago - Wednesday 30th June
• 1520 hours Tasked by Air Desk to a commercial pine plantation near Tangoio to a forestry accident where a member of a forest harvest crew was struck by a log, which either rolled or slipped down a steep hillside – unfortunately, the patient had non-survivable injuries.
26 days ago - Tuesday 29th June
• 1015 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Whanganui to a seriously ill patient (Palmerston North helicopter was out on another mission) – the helicopter was stood down en route when it was confirmed the patient had deceased.