Below you will find a summary of our recent missions. Our life-saving services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and are completely free of charge to everyone in Hawke's Bay. For more information about our work please contact the Fundraising Team on 06 878 1630 or email email@example.com
7 days ago - Saturday 18th January
• 1740 hours Responded by HBDHB to fly a mid-wife and nurse to Wairoa Hospital to retrieve a female patient who was in early stages of labour, the patient was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
9 days ago - Thursday 16th January
• 0120 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Wallingford in Central Hawke’s Bay to an MVA, (car vs tree) where a female occupant of the vehicle was trapped in the car requiring cut-out by Fire & Emergency. The female patient, with a head injury and other fractures, was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for further treatment.
• 1000 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Porongahau to a female patient with an urgent diabetic condition, she was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for further treatment.
12 days ago - Monday 13th January
• 1145 hours Tasked by Air Desk to fly to Masterton Airport whilst a male patient who was involved in a motor vehicle accident was being assessed in Masterton Hospital for possible transfer to Wellington Hospital. A decision was made not to transport the patient.
• 1500 hours Whilst waiting in Masterton the helicopter was tasked to Mataikona (on the coast due east of Masterton) to a 62 y/o female with a cardiac condition, the patient was uplifted and flown to Hawkes Bay Hospital.
18 days ago - Tuesday January 7th
1245 hours Tasked by Air Desk to a forestry logging site near Mohaka Township where a male patient suffered a leg injury, he was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for further assessment and treatment.
23 days ago - Thursday 2nd January
• 1630 hours Flew to Wairoa with a DHB flight team to retrieve an elderly female patient with a medical condition – she was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
• 2100 hours Returned to Wairoa with a DHB flight team to retrieve a male patient, aged in his 60’s, with a cardiac problem – he was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
24 days ago - Wednesday 1st January
• 0800 hours Tasked by Police to search for a missing person from an overturned jet ski on the coast near Napier, after searching for approx. 1 ½ hours the helicopter was stood down when it became known that the man had made it safely back to shore.
25 days ago - Tuesday 31st December
• 0200 hours Tasked by Air Desk to meet a St John road ambulance in Wairoa with a 65 y/o male with stroke like symptoms – he was transported to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for follow up treatment.
• 1900 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Mahia to a child with a medical condition, the child was transported to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
26 days ago - Monday 30th December
0020 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Porongahau to a 60 y/o male with pelvic injuries incurred in a ATV (all terrain vehicle) rollover on a farm, he was transported to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for follow up assessment and treatment.
• 1820 hours Transported a 53 male patient suffering a heart attack to Paraparaumu Airport, for handover to Wellington Free Ambulance for final transport to Wellington Hospital. Adverse weather prevented the helicopter from completing final delivery of the patient to Wellington Hospital. The patient from Hastings was initially assessed by a St John road ambulance crew and transported directly to the helicopter base for urgent transport to Wellington Hospital.
28 days ago - Saturday 28th December
• 1700 hours Flew to Wairao Hospital with a DHB flight nurse to retrieve a teenage male with a medical condition.
• 2200 hours Transported a 76 y/o male, who suffered a major cardiac event, to Wellington Hospital.
29 days ago - Friday 27th December
• 0600 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Mahia, to a male patient aged in his 80’s, suffering a medical complaint, he was flown to Hawkes Bay Hospital for follow up treatment.
• 1500 hours Tasked by Air Desk to a rural location near Te Haroto to a male who fell whilst horse riding, and injured his ribs and collar bone, he was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for further treatment.
• 1700 hours Flew to Wairoa Hospital with a DHB flight nurse and ED doctor to retrieve a male patient, aged in his 60’s with a chest pain.