Below you will find a summary of our recent missions. Our life-saving services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and are completely free of charge to everyone in Hawke's Bay. For more information about our work please contact the Fundraising Team on 06 878 1630 or email email@example.com
8 days ago - Sunday 15 May
• 1000 hours Tasked by Air Desk to fly to Waipukurau to meet a St John Ambulance at Waipukurau Aerodrome with a male patient with respiratory distress – the patient was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for further treatment.
10 days ago - Friday 13 May
• 1300 hours Tasked by Air Desk to a logging truck rollover at Putere, the driver was trapped in the truck and required extraction by FENZ, before the driver with serious injuries was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
11 days ago - Thursday 12 May
• 0810 hours Requested by DHB to fly to Wairoa with a flight nurse and our Critical Care Flight Paramedic to retrieve a male patient with lacerations to his arms and legs.
12 days ago - Wednesday 11 May
• 1200 hours Tasked by Police to fly to a DoC Hut in the Ruahine ranges to 2 overdue trampers who had been found by 2 SAR volunteers. Upon arrival the trampers advised they did not need assistance, but the 2 SAR volunteers who had walked all night to find the trampers required a lift by helicopter back to their cars.
15 days ago - Sunday 8th May
• 1830 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Porongahua to a female patient with a medical condition.
16 days ago - Saturday 7th May
• 1025 hours Tasked by Air Desk to the mountain bike park at Eskdale to a mountain biker with injuries suffered in a fall – the cyclist was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital
• 1420 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Argyll to a motor-cross rider with rib and shoulder injuries sustained in a fall. He was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
18 days ago - Thursday 5th May
• 1624 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Aramoana to an MVA where a male patient aged in his 30’s sustained moderate injuries – the patient was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
19 days ago - Wednesday 4th May
• 1215 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Kahuranaki to a farm bike accident at an inaccessible location on the farm, where the occupants were trapped in vehicle requiring extraction by local Fire Service. Once freed from the vehicle the occupant was winched out and flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital with serious injuries. (Because our helicopter was required for an urgent patient transfer to Wellington the Palmerston North helicopter was called to assist with recovery of the fire crews and their equipment).
• 1500 hours Requested by DHB for an urgent transfer of a patient with a serious head injury to Wellington Hospital.
23 days ago - Saturday 30th April
• 1115 hours Tasked by Air Desk to fly to Gisborne Hospital (Tairawhiti Rescue Helicopter was busy on another mission) to transfer an elderly female patient with a cardiac condition, through to Waikato Hospital.
24 days ago - Friday 29th April
• 0950 hours Tasked by DHB to transfer a female patient with a cardiac condition, accompanied by Doctor and Flight Nurse, to Wellington Hospital