Below you will find a summary of our recent missions. Our life-saving services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and are completely free of charge to everyone in Hawke's Bay. For more information about our work please contact the Fundraising Team on 06 878 1630 or email email@example.com
12 days ago - Sunday 8th September
1245 hours Tasked to Wairoa to a 30 y/o female patient with maternity complications – she was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for follow up treatment.
13 days ago - Saturday 7th September
1215 hours Initially called to Waipukurau for a car versus pedestrian with minor injuries, but was diverted to the Waipukurau Medical Centre to a 44 y/o male patient with a major chest pain – he was transported to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for follow up assessment and treatment.
19 days ago - Sunday 1st September
Midnight Tasked by Air Desk to Mahia to a 53 y/o male patient with a dislocated hip - he was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for further assessment and treatment
1530 hours Flew to Wairoa Hospital with a DHB flight team to retrieve a male patient, aged in his 80’s with a respiratory issue – he was transported to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
1900 hours Transported a female patient with a cardiac condition from Hawke’s Bay Hospital to Wellington Hospital.
20 days ago - Saturday 31st August
1500 hours Tasked as part of a 3 helicopter response to Turoa Ski Field where multiple persons where injured with ice sliding off a building roof. The Lowe Corporation Rescue Helicopter transported a 25 y/o female to Waikato Hospital.
22 days ago - Thursday 29th August
0230 hours Tasked by the Air Desk to Mahia to attend to a male patient, aged in his 50’s, suffering facial injuries from a gas explosion in his house - he was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for further assessment and treatment
24 days ago - Tuesday 27th August
1800 hours Tasked by the DHB to fly to Wairoa Hospital to retrieve a 7 y/o child with a medical condition – he was transported to Hawkes Bay Hospital.
25 days ago - Monday 26th August
1400 hours Tasked by the Air Desk to Tikokino to a male child with a back injury – he was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for further assessment and treatment
26 days ago - Sunday 25th August
• 0430 hours Departed Hastings to Wellington with a male patient aged in his 60’s, suffering a heart attack. Adverse weather conditions were encountered at Norsewood requiring the helicopter to return to base and deliver the patient to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
• 1000 hours Tasked by Police and the Air Desk to search the Mohaka River for a pig hunter, who had fallen and suffered a head injury. After extensive searching of the river between the river mouth and the viaduct the hunting party was eventually located in an inaccessible location near the viaduct. Two hunters were retrieved from the difficult location, and after a check up by the Intensive Care Paramedic it was agreed that treatment wasn’t required.
• 1200 hours Upon the completion of the previous rescue of the pig hunters the helicopter was tasked to a forestry area near Rangatiki to a motorbike rider aged in his 20’s, suffering a fractured femur. The motorbike rider was flown to Rotorua Hospital.
• 2000 hours Flew to Wairoa Hospital with flight team from DHB to retrieve a 60 y/o male with a medical condition. The patient was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for further treatment
• Midnight Flew to Wairoa with DHB Flight team to retrieve a female patient, aged in her 60’s with a respiratory condition – she was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for further treatment.
30 days ago - Wednesday 21st August
• 1400 hours Flew to Wairoa with a flight nurse and midwife to retrieve a female patient – she was flown to Hawke’s Bay District Hospital for further treatment.
31 days ago - Tuesday 20th August
• 1145 Hours transported a 47 y/o male patient, suffering from a heart attack, from Hawkes Bay Hospital to Wellington Hospital.
• 1500 hours Flew to Wairoa Hospital to retrieve a young male patient with a respiratory complication – he was flown to Hawke’s Bay District Hospital for further treatment.