Below you will find a summary of our recent missions. Our life-saving services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and are completely free of charge to everyone in Hawke's Bay. For more information about our work please contact the Fundraising Team on 06 878 1630 or email email@example.com
38 days ago - Friday 10th September
• 1350 hours Tasked by Air Desk to a truck rollover at Devil’s Elbow (on Napier to Wairoa Road). The driver of the truck was entrapped in the vehicle and required an extended time for extrication by Fire & Emergency crew. The male patient, with multiple fractures, was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital in a serious condition.
• 2240 hours At the request of DHB flew to Wairoa to retrieve a young baby with a medical condition.
39 days ago - Thursday 9th September
• 1026 hours Awaited arrival of a St John Ambulance for helipad handover of a male patient, aged in his 30’s, suffering a heart attack and requiring immediate transfer to Wellington Hospital.
• 1630 hours At the request of DHB transferred a patient accompanied by Doctor and Flight Nurse to Napier airport for fixed wing air ambulance transport to Wellington.
40 days ago - Wednesday 8th September
• 0945 hours Tasked by Rescue Coordination Centre to respond to a beacon activation near Tutira. It was found to be accidental activation not requiring our attendance.
43 days ago - Sunday 5th September
• 1545 hours Requested by DHB to fly to Wairoa Hospital, with a doctor a flight nurse to attend a 55 y/o female with a cardiac condition requiring transfer directly to Wellington Hospital.
45 days ago - Friday 3rd September
• 1930 hours Tasked by DHB to fly to Wairoa Hospital with a doctor and flight nurse to retrieve a female patient with a medical condition.
46 days ago - Thursday 2nd September
• 0625 hours At the request of DHB flew to Wairoa to retrieve a male patient with a medical condition.
• 1315 hours At the request of DHB flew to Wairoa Hospital, with a Doctor and flight nurse to retrieve a female patient suffering from a stroke.
47 days ago - Wednesday 1st September
• 1530 hours Accepted a helipad handover from a St John Ambulance of a female patient aged in her 50’s with a cardiac condition requiring immediate transfer to Wellington Hospital, under the care of our own Intensive Care Paramedic.
48 days ago - Tuesday 31st August
• 1600 hours At the request of DHB flew to Wairoa Hospital, with a doctor and flight nurse to retrieve a young child with a medical condition.
49 days ago - Monday 30th August
• 1125 hours Tasked by Police to conduct a search near Haumoana for a report of a possible sighting of a swimmer at sea. The helicopter crew searched for approx. 1 hour without locating any missing person
• 1245 hours Tasked by Air Desk to respond from Haumoana to a house fire in Maraenui. The helicopter was able to land at a safe landing site near the house fire. A female occupant of the house had been extricated by Fire & Emergency, after initial treatment at the scene the patient was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital, in a critical condition.
51 days ago - Saturday 28th August
• 1130 hours At the request of DHB, transported a female patient to Palmerston North Hospital for chemotherapy treatment – the patient was accompanied by a flight nurse and our own Intensive Care Paramedic (ICP)
• 1230 hours On the return journey tasked by Air Desk to attend a MVA at Norsewood – the occupant of the vehicle was assessed and medical transport was not required.
• 1250 hours Whilst on the continuing return journey requested by DHB to fly directly to Wairoa Hospital to retrieve an elderly male patient with a medical condition.