Below you will find a summary of our recent missions. Our life-saving services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and are completely free of charge to everyone in Hawke's Bay. For more information about our work please contact the Fundraising Team on 06 878 1630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
27 days ago - Monday 28th June
• 1430 hours at the request of HBDHB flew to Wairoa with a midwife and flight nurse to retrieve a pregnant patient – she was flown to Hawkes Bay Hospital.
28 days ago - Sunday 27th June
• 0120 hours At the request of HBDHB flew to Wairoa Hospital with an ICU Doctor and Flight Nurse to retrieve a male patient with a head injury.
29 days ago - Saturday 26th June
• 1515 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Crownthorpe to a female patient who fell and injured her knee whilst gardening - she was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
• 2000 hours Tasked by Police to Mahia to a report of an MVA on the beach, a male occupant from the vehicle was flown to Gisborne Hospital.
• 2215 hours On the return journey from Gisborne, requested by Air Desk to fly to Wairoa Airfield to meet a St John Road Ambulance with a male patient with a cardiac complaint – the patient was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
30 days ago - Friday 25th June
• 1649 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Taihape to a teenage female patient with a medical issue – she was flown to Whanganui Hospital.
31 days ago - Thursday 24th June
• 1100 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Waipukurau to a male cyclist who had fallen from his bike – the cyclist was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for follow up assessment and treatment.
33 days ago - Tuesday 22nd June
• 1000 hours Met a St John Ambulance for a helipad handover of a female patient with a cardiac complaint, requiring urgent transfer to Wellington Hospital. Sadly, the patient died in flight as a result of a cardiac arrest.
35 days ago - Sunday 20th June
1500 hours Requested by HBDHB to fly to Wairoa Hospital with ICU Doctor and Flight Nurse to retrieve a male patient with a broken leg.
36 days ago - Saturday 19th June
1055 hours At the request of Gisborne Police headed to Gisborne for a reported missing person. As the helicopter passed Morere the Gisborne Police reported the missing person had been located, so the helicopter was stood down and returned to Base.
37 days ago - Friday 18th June
2000 hours Tasked by Air Desk to meet a St John Road ambulance in Wairoa – adverse weather was encountered near Tangoio so helicopter returned to base.
38 days ago - Thursday 17th June
1835 hours Tasked by Air Desk to a report of child near Te Pohue with injuries as a result of fall from a bunk bed. When the St John Road Ambulance arrived on scene it was determined the injuries were minor so the helicopter was stood down en route.