Below you will find a summary of our recent missions. Our life-saving services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and are completely free of charge to everyone in Hawke's Bay. For more information about our work please contact the Fundraising Team on 06 878 1630 or email email@example.com
9 months ago - Wednesday 6th March
1430 Tasked by Rescue Coordination Centre to rescue a man overboard from a 2 person yacht approx. 20NM off the coast at Tolaga Bay. The German sailor was successfully located by the rescue helicopter team and a rescue swimmer was lowered in to the water to retrieve the sailor and winch him to safety. The sailor was delivered to Gisborne hospital for assessment and observation.
9 months ago - Tuesday 5th March
0900 Tasked to Wellington Airport to transfer a male patient, who suffered spinal injuries in a car accident, from Hutt Hospital to Christchurch
9 months ago - Monday 4th March
1200 Tasked to Castlepoint in southern Hawke’s Bay to a female horse rider aged in her 60’s who sustained a fracture to her leg after being kicked by a horse – she was flown directly to Wellington Hospital for further treatment.
9 months ago - Sunday 3rd March
1300 Tasked to Maraekakaho to a male patient who had fallen and sustained serious spinal injuries. The male patient was flown directly from the scene of the fall to the specialty Spinal Unit at Middlemore Hospital.
9 months ago - Wednesday 27th February
1900 Flew to Wairoa with a flight team from HBDHB to retrieve a male patient, with a medical condition, to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for further treatment.
9 months ago - Monday 25th February
0800 Tasked to a motor vehicle accident (car vs truck) in Waipawa; we flew with an Intensive Care Paramedic to the scene of the incident. After the Paramedic stabilised the patient the decision was made, that in the best interests of the critically injured patient, that a road ambulance was the preferred mode of transport to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
9 months ago - Wednesday 13th February
1500 Tasked to a forestry block inland from Tolaga Bay to winch extract a 60 year old male who suffered a medical event, he was subsequently transferred to Gisborne Hospital
9 months ago - Tuesday 12th February
1800 Tasked to Marine Parade in Napier to search for a missing swimmer, soon after we commenced the search the swimmer was rescued by Coast Guard
9 months ago - Sunday 10th February
• 1555 attended a motor vehicle accident at Te Pohue – all passengers in the vehicles were uninjured and did not require transport.
• 1900 transferred a 82 y.o. male patient, suffering from a stroke, from Hawkes Bay Hospital to Wellington hospital.
9 months ago - Saturday 9th February
• 1607 Transported a 66 year old Female with a cardiac condition from Wairoa to Hastings hospital.
• 1923 transported a 78 year old male with a cardiac condition from Hawke’s Bay Hospital to Wellington Hospital.
• 2143 on the return trip from Wellington, and with Hawke’s Bay based ICU doctors on board, attended a motor cycle accident in Masterton. The doctor provided initial medical assistance to an injured motorcyclist until the Life Flight Rescue Helicopter arrived to transport the injured motorcyclist to Wellington.