Below you will find a summary of our recent missions. Our life-saving services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and are completely free of charge to everyone in Hawke's Bay. For more information about our work please contact the Fundraising Team on 06 878 1630 or email email@example.com
41 days ago - Sunday 9th August
1245 hours Tasked by Air Desk to a bush location east of Taupo to a female tramper, who fell and sustained a serious leg injury – the patient was winched out of the bush then flown to Taupo Hospital.
2330 hours Tasked by DHB to fly to Wairoa, with a flight nurse, to retrieve a male patient, aged in his 70’s, with a medical problem.
42 days ago - Saturday 8th August
1000 hours Tasked by Air Desk to SH-5, north of Te Pohue, where a truck had run off the road and the driver was trapped in the cabin of the truck. When the driver was eventually freed after a long period of entrapment a decision was made that it was in the patient’s best interests for our Intensive Care Paramedic to transport the patient by road ambulance to Hawkes Bay Hospital.
46 days ago - Tuesday 4th August
0330 hours Attempted to fly to Wairoa Hospital, with an ICU Doctor and Flight nurse to retrieve a patient but heavy fog meant the helicopter turned back to base.
1300 hours Tasked by DHB to transport a male patient, aged in his 70’s with a cardiac issue, accompanied by and ICU Doctor and Flight Nurse, to Wellington Hospital.
47 days ago - Monday 3rd August
1115 hours At the request of DHB flew to Wairoa Hospital, with a flight nurse, to retrieve a female patient, aged in her 40’s, with a medical condition.
49 days ago - Saturday 1st August
• 1300 hours Tasked by Air Desk to fly to Whakapapa Ski Field to attend an incident, which was a two helicopter response, where two skiers had fallen down a bank and both sustained injuries from the fall. Greenlea Rescue Helicopter from Taupo transported a female patient to Rotorua Hospital and the Lowe Corporation Rescue Helicopter transported a male patient to Taupo hospital.
51 days ago - Thursday 30th July
• 1330 hours At the request of HBDHB flew to Wellington Hospital with a male patient, aged in his 70’s with a cardiac condition, he was accompanied by an ICU Doctor and a flight nurse.
• 1800 hours Tasked by HBDHB to fly to Wairoa Hospital to retrieve a female patient with a medical condition.
54 days ago - Monday 27th July
• 0330 hours At the request of HBDHB flew to Wairoa Hospital with a flight nurse to retrieve a female patient, aged in her 50’s, with a medical condition. She was transported to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for further assessment and treatment.
55 days ago - Sunday 26th July
• 0500 hours At the request of DHB flew a female patient with a medical condition from Hawkes Bay Hospital to Wellington Hospital. The patient was accompanied by an ICU Doctor and Flight Nurse.
• 1020 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Te Mata Peak Park where a female patient, was assessed as having a cardiac condition requiring direct transfer to Wellington Hospital.
• 1450 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Raetihi in the central North Island to an elderly female patient who had a fall – she was flown to Whanganui Hospital.
56 days ago - Saturday 25th July
• 1600 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Whakapapa to a female patient with injuries sustained whilst snow-boarding – she was flown to Hawkes Bay Hospital for follow up treatment.
• 2315 hours Tasked by DHB to fly to Wairoa with a Doctor and Nurse to transport a child with burns from Wairoa Hospital to Hutt Hospital.
58 days ago - Thursday 23rd July
• 2230 hours Tasked by Air Desk to location near Poriati to a female patient, aged in her 30’s, with a leg injury, she was flown to Hawkes Bay Hospital for follow up assessment.