Below you will find a summary of our recent missions. Our life-saving services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and are completely free of charge to everyone in Hawke's Bay. For more information about our work please contact the Fundraising Team on 06 878 1630 or email email@example.com
41 days ago - Monday 14th June
1945 hours Tasked by Air Desk to a location south of Kereru to a report of a male patient suffering a fall and injuring his hip. Adverse weather prevented the helicopter reaching the destination. We understand that LandSAR retrieved the patient.
42 days ago - Sunday 13th June
• 1215 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Te Mata Peak Park to attend a male tramper with a fractured ankle sustained in a fall – the patient was retrieved by way of winch extraction then flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
43 days ago - Saturday 12th June
• 1158 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Whakapapa ski field to a male patient suffering chest pains whilst performing maintenance work – the patient was flown to Waikato Hospital.
• 1800 hours Flew to Napier Airport to collect an ICU doctor and flight nurse, (after fixed wing had declined the mission) to fly to Wairoa Hospital to retrieve a male teenager injured whilst playing rugby.
44 days ago - Friday 11th June
• 1700 hours At the request of HBDHB transported a female patient with a cardiac complaint, accompanied by ICU Doctor and Flight Nurse, to Wellington Hospital.
45 days ago - Thursday 10th June
• 1440 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Tokomaru Bay (Gisborne helicopter already on another mission) to an elderly female patient with breathing difficulties – the patient was transported to Gisborne Hospital.
• 2000 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Wairoa Airfield to meet a St John Road Ambulance with a female patient with injuries sustained in a fall – the patient was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
46 days ago - Wednesday 9th June
• 1523 hours Tasked by Air Desk to an MVA at Te Haroto. When road ambulance arrived on scene it was determined the helicopter crew was not required so the helicopter returned to Base.
50 days ago - Saturday 5th June
After the required rest period for the crew the helicopter returned from Christchurch to Hastings base at 1615 hours.
• 1630 hours At the request of HBDHB flew to Wellington Hospital with an ICU Doctor and Flight Nurse and a male patient requiring cardiac treatment in Wellington.
51 days ago - Friday 4th June
• 1511 hours At the request of Police responded to an incident requiring a water rescue. Soon after take-off the helicopter was stood down when advised that Coast Guard had attended the incident.
• 2012 hours Tasked by Air Desk to meet a road ambulance at Napier Airport for tarmac handover of a male rugby player with spinal injuries requiring transfer directly to Burwood Spinal Unit in Christchurch – the helicopter landed in Christchurch at 45 minutes past midnight.
52 days ago - Thursday 3rd June
• 1330 hours At the request of HBDHB flew to Wairoa with an ICU Doctor and Flight Nurse to retrieve a female patient with a medical condition.
53 days ago - Wednesday 2nd June
• 0900 hours Tasked by Air Desk to a farmhouse at Kereru where a male had fallen whilst painting the house and sustained spinal injuries – he was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital
• 1200 hours Tasked by Air Desk to a park in Marewa in suburban Napier to a report of a person injured in a stabbing incident – on arrival it was found that the injuries were minor and the helicopter was not required.