Below you will find a summary of our recent missions. Our life-saving services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and are completely free of charge to everyone in Hawke's Bay. For more information about our work please contact the Fundraising Team on 06 878 1630 or email email@example.com
60 days ago - Sunday 8th October
• 0932 hours Tasked by Air Desk to an MVA at Portorino, adverse weather en route forced the helicopter to turn back and wait at Napier Airport for weather to clear. Once the weather cleared we were advised we were not required.
2 months ago - Friday 6th October
• 1343 hours Tasked by Rescue Coordination Centre to a locator beacon activation in the Ruahine Ranges. The group of missing trampers were located, no injuries or medical needs requiring medical treatment so the missing trampers were transported back to their car.
2 months ago - Monday 2nd October
• 2136 hours Requested by hospital to fly to Wairoa. Adverse weather was encountered forcing the helicopter and crew to return to base.
2 months ago - Thursday 28th September
• 1413 hours Requested by the hospital to transfer a palliative care patient from Hawke’s Bay Hospital to Wairoa, clinical care was provided by a Doctor and Flight Nurse.
On the return journey from Wairoa 2 patients were transported – a female, aged in her 60’s with an eye injury, and a female aged in her 50’s with an abdominal pain.
2 months ago - Wednesday 27th September
• 1257 hours Tasked by Air Desk to fly to Te Pohue to meet a St John Ambulance with a cardiac patient requiring immediate transfer to a tertiary hospital. Weather towards Wellington was unfavourable, but the helicopter was able to successfully transfer the male patient, aged in his 40’s, to Waikato Hospital.
• 1525 hours On the return from Hamilton the helicopter was tasked by Air Desk to divert to Mt Pirongia to 2 trampers – a male in his 20’s with an ankle injury, and a female, also in her 20’s, with an abdominal pain – both tramper/patients were flown to Waikato hospital.
• 1742 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Nuhaka to a female patient, aged in her 60’s, with a chest pain, the patient was flown to Hawke’s bay hospital for follow up assessment and treatment.
3 months ago - Friday 22nd September
• 0006 hours At the request of the hospital, flew to Wairoa hospital, with 2 Flight Nurses to retrieve a male patient, aged in his 60’s, with a medical problem.
3 months ago - Thursday 21st September
• 1840 hours Tasked by Air Desk to fly to Wairoa to meet a St John road ambulance with a female patient, aged in her 50’s, with a dislocated hip suffered whilst mowing lawns- she was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
3 months ago - Wednesday 20th September
• 0455 hours Requested by the hospital to fly to Wairoa with a doctor and midwife to a female patient aged in her 20’s with a pregnancy complication.
• 1238 hours At the request of the hospital flew to Wairoa Hospital with a Flight Nurse and our Critical Care Paramedic to retrieve a female patient with an arm injury suffered in an industrial accident.
• 1605 hours Tasked by Air Desk to fly to Tokomaru Bay to a male patient, aged in his 70’s, who was generally unwell, he was flown to Gisborne hospital.
3 months ago - Saturday 19th August
• 1046 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Whakapapa Ski field to 2 patients – firstly a 12 y/o boy with a broken arm and secondly an 8 y/o boy with a broken leg. Both patients were flown to Waikato Hospital.
3 months ago - Tuesday 19th September
• 1600 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Wanstead in Central Hawkes Bay to a quad bike accident, where a male aged in his 20’s, suffered internal injuries – he was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.