Below you will find a summary of our recent missions. Our life-saving services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and are completely free of charge to everyone in Hawke's Bay. For more information about our work please contact the Fundraising Team on 06 878 1630 or email email@example.com
2 months ago - Wednesday 11th August
• 1136 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Turoa Ski field where a 58 y.o male who had been hit by a snow-boarder – the patient was flown to Whanganui Hospital.
• 1525 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Mahia to a male patient having fainting spells and chest pains – the patient was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital
2 months ago - Tuesday 10th August
• 1415 hours At the request of DHB flew to Wairoa, with a Doctor and Flight Nurse to retrieve a male patient with a head injury.
2 months ago - Monday 9th August
• 1650 hours Tasked by Air Desk to a report of a patient with injuries from a fall – the helicopter was stood down en route when it became obvious that the injuries did not require our assistance.
2 months ago - Sunday 8th August
• 0845 hours Tasked by Air Desk to a rural address near Waipukurau to a female patient with a cardiac condition – the patient exercised her right to decline transport.
2 months ago - Saturday 7th August
• 0900 hours At the request of DHB flew a patient from Hawke’s Bay Hospital to Napier Airport for a tarmac hand over to the fixed wing air ambulance for transport to a tertiary hospital.
• 1750 hours Tasked by Air Desk to meet a St John Road Ambulance at Anderson Park in Taradale (where the fire service secured a safe landing site) with a STEMI patient requiring direct transfer to Wellington Hospital.
2 months ago - Thursday 5th August
• 1820 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Wairoa to meet a St John Road Ambulance to a teenage female patient with a respiratory complaint – the patient was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
3 months ago - Tuesday 3rd August
• 0800 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Norsewood to a single vehicle MVA, where the sole occupant of the vehicle sustained neck and spinal injuries – the patient was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
3 months ago - Monday 2nd August
• 0900 hours Requested by DHB to fly to Wairoa Hospital with a midwife and flight nurse to a female patient with pregnancy complications.
3 months ago - Saturday 31st July
• 0005 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Kaweka ranges to a report of a participant at a LandSAR training exercise having fallen down a steep gully and injuring his knee. The man was extricated by winch, because of heavy fog the helicopter was unable to fly back to base, so landed at Napier Airport and the patient was transported to hospital by road ambulance. The helicopter remained at Napier airport until the fog lifted in the middle of the day.
• 1330 hours At the request of DHB flew to Wairoa with a flight nurse to retrieve a patient with a medical condition.
3 months ago - Thursday 29th July
• 1700 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Waipukurau to a report of an infant baby having fallen – the helicopter was stood down en route.