Below you will find a summary of our recent missions. Our life-saving services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and are completely free of charge to everyone in Hawke's Bay. For more information about our work please contact the Fundraising Team on 06 878 1630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
55 days ago - • 0300 hours Tasked by Rescue Coordination Centre to investigate a personal locator beacon activation near Harkness Hut in the Kaweka Forest, where a mother with 2 teenage children were locate., The family had been hunting around dusk when they became lost and disoriented. All 3 family members were retrieved by winch, and assessed by our Intensive Care Paramedic and deemed not to require transport – other than delivery back to Harkness Hut.
• 1520 hours At the request of HBDHB flew to Wairoa Hospital with an ICU doctor and flight nurse to retrieve a 54 y/o female with a medical condition
58 days ago - • 1515 hours At the request of Air Desk, accepted the handover from St John Ambulance of a female patient, suffering a heart attack, for direct transfer to Wellington Hospital.
• 1945 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Waimarama to a young child with a medical condition requiring transport direct to Starship Hospital in Auckland.
59 days ago - • 1230 hours Tasked by DHB to fly to Taupo Hospital to retrieve a Hawkes Bay domiciled patient back to Hawkes Bay Hospital.
• 1900 hours Tasked by Air Desk to a rural address near Tuai to a female patient aged in her 30’s, suffering from burns – the patient was flown to Hawkes Bay Hospital
• 2130 hours At the request of DHB flew to Wairoa to retrieve a teenage girl suffering seizures.
• 2340 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Raupunga – upon arrival it was found the patient was deceased
60 days ago - • 0240 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Onga Onga to a male patient with a respiratory problem – he was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
• 2100 hours At the request of HBDHB flew to Wellington Hospital with a male patient aged in his 60’s.
2 months ago - • 1456 hours At the request of HBDHB flew to Wellington Hospital with a male patient, aged in his 70’s, accompanied by a DHB flight team.
2 months ago - • 0325 hours Tasked by HBDHB to fly to Wairoa Hospital, with a flight nurse and midwife, to retrieve a newborn baby and mother.
2 months ago - • 1215 hours Tasked by Police to Gisborne, to a report of 2 kayakers blown out to sea, the Gisborne based rescue helicopter and Coast Guard found and rescued the kayakers before our helicopter arrived, so we were stood down en route and returned to Hastings.
2 months ago - • 0900 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Puketitiri to a man with a severe hand laceration as a result of using a chain saw, he was flown directly to Hutt Hospital.
• 1700 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Dannevirke to a teenage child involved in an on farm motor bike accident – the child was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
2 months ago - • 1350 hours Tasked by Air Desk to a location near Taradale, which was inaccessible for a road ambulance, to a female tramper with a fractured ankle - the patient was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
2 months ago - Thursday 24th September
• 2030 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Dannevirke Airfield to meet a road ambulance with a 52 y/o female with a medical condition, the patient was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.