Below you will find a summary of our recent missions. Our life-saving services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and are completely free of charge to everyone in Hawke's Bay. For more information about our work please contact the Fundraising Team on 06 878 1630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
3 years ago - Monday 19th August
• 1600 hours Flew to Wairoa Hospital with DHB flight team to retrieve a male patient, aged in his 80’s, with a cardiac issue – he was flown to Hawke’s Bay District Hospital for further treatment.
3 years ago - Sunday 11th August
• 0930 hours – tasked by Police to resume searching in daylight for the missing fisherman on the Tukituki River – again the search was unsuccessful.
3 years ago - Saturday 10th August
• 2000 hours – tasked by Police to search for an overdue fisherman last seen on the Tukituki River near Havelock North. Searching with night vision goggles and heat detecting equipment failed to find the fisherman.
3 years ago - Friday 9th August
• 0600 hours – Flew to Wairoa Hospital with a flight team from HBDHB to retrieve a female patient with a medical condition – she was flown back to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
3 years ago - Thursday 8th August
• 1430 hours – Tasked by the Air Desk to Dannevirke to a male patient with a medical condition – he was flown to Palmerston North hospital for follow up treatment.
3 years ago - Monday 5th August
The Lowe Corporation Rescue Helicopter repositioned to Palmerston North for the day to provide coverage in the lower North Island from Hawke’s Bay to Wellington whilst IPT (from Palmerston North) is providing cover in Auckland and Northland and HLF (LifeFlight Wellington) was off line for scheduled maintenance.
• 0900 hours – Tasked by Rescue Coordination Centre to search for a PLB activation (Personal Locator Beacon) near Levin. A PLB was not found, so it was thought to be a false activation.
3 years ago - Sunday 28th July
1000 hours Tasked by Rescue Coordination Centre to a PLB activation at a rural location at Mangahei (east of Dannevirke). Upon arrival a male patient was found with moderate injuries sustained in a quad bike rollover, he was flown to Hawkes Bay Hospital for further treatment.
3 years ago - Monday 22nd July
2000 hours Tasked to Porongahau with Paramedics to a person with a respiratory complaint. Unfortunately because of poor visibility in the area the helicopter was unable to reach the location, and turned back to base, and the patient was transported by road ambulance.
3 years ago - Thursday 18th July
1630 hours Flew to Wairoa Hospital with a flight nurse from the DHB to retrieve a male patient, aged in his 20’s, with an abdominal problem - he was flown to Hawkes Bay Hospital for further assessment and treatment.
3 years ago - Tuesday 16th July
1430 hours Tasked to Tutira with an Intensive Care Paramedic to a male patient with a medical complaint – he was flown to Hawkes Bay Hospital for further assessment and treatment.