Below you will find a summary of our recent missions. Our life-saving services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and are completely free of charge to everyone in Hawke's Bay. For more information about our work please contact the Fundraising Team on 06 878 1630 or email email@example.com
4 years ago - Wednesday 3rd June
• 0055 hours Initially tasked by Air Desk to Raupunga to a medical incident – stood down en route after a road ambulance arrived on scene and advised the patient was deceased.
4 years ago - Tuesday 2nd June
• 0800 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Waipawa for an MVA (car vs truck) – a female patient with moderate injuries was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
• 0930 hours Tasked by Police to a body retrieval from Ruahine Forest Park for a hunter who appears to have drowned whilst crossing a river.
4 years ago - Sunday 31st May
1220 hours Tasked by Air Desk to respond to Raupunga to a child with breathing difficulties, the young child was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for follow up treatment.
4 years ago - Wednesday 27th May
1300 hours Tasked by Air Desk to transport a 50 y/o male patient from Napier, suffering from a heart attack, to Wellington Hospital. The patient was initially diagnosed by a St John Road Ambulance crew, who brought the patient to the helipad for immediate transfer to Wellington Hospital.
4 years ago - Sunday 24th May
• 1330 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Wairoa to meet a St John Road Ambulance to transport a 70 y/o male patient, suffering from a stroke, to Hawkes Bay Hospital.
• 1630 hours Tasked by Air Desk to SH-5 near the Mohaka River overbridge to a MVA where a female patient, aged in her 60’s, suffered neck and back injuries – she was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for follow up treatment.
4 years ago - Saturday 23rd May
• 1900 hours At the request of DHB transported a male patient to Wellington Hospital, accompanied by an ICU Doctor and Flight Nurse. Unfortunately the patient had a cardiac arrest en route. The helicopter landed at Palmerston North Hospital where it was confirmed the patient was deceased.
4 years ago - Friday 22nd May
• 1215 hours At the request of DHB flew to Wairoa Hospital with a flight team to retrieve 70 y/o male patient with a hip injury.
4 years ago - Thursday 21st May
• 1730 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Porongahau to a female aged in her 60’s, suffering abdominal injuries as a result of a horse riding incident. The patient was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
4 years ago - Wednesday 20th May
• 1300 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Herbertville to a farm address where a private contractor was removing willow trees when a large branch fell on him, resulting in abdominal injuries. The male patient aged in his 40’s was flown to Palmerston North Hospital for follow up treatment.
4 years ago - Sunday 17th May
• 1030 hours At the request of DHB flew to Napier Airport to uplift a Doctor and Nurse to fly to Wairoa Hospital to retrieve a male patient suffering from sepsis. (because of adverse weather the fixed wing air ambulance could not complete the mission).