Below you will find a summary of our recent missions. Our life-saving services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and are completely free of charge to everyone in Hawke's Bay. For more information about our work please contact the Fundraising Team on 06 878 1630 or email email@example.com
7 months ago - Sunday 10th February
• 1555 attended a motor vehicle accident at Te Pohue – all passengers in the vehicles were uninjured and did not require transport.
• 1900 transferred a 82 y.o. male patient, suffering from a stroke, from Hawkes Bay Hospital to Wellington hospital.
7 months ago - Saturday 9th February
• 1607 Transported a 66 year old Female with a cardiac condition from Wairoa to Hastings hospital.
• 1923 transported a 78 year old male with a cardiac condition from Hawke’s Bay Hospital to Wellington Hospital.
• 2143 on the return trip from Wellington, and with Hawke’s Bay based ICU doctors on board, attended a motor cycle accident in Masterton. The doctor provided initial medical assistance to an injured motorcyclist until the Life Flight Rescue Helicopter arrived to transport the injured motorcyclist to Wellington.
7 months ago - Friday 8th February
• 1130 Responded to forestry block near Te Pohue to a 45 year old forestry worker, who sustained an injury whilst assisting with machinery maintenance. He was transported to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for further treatment
8 months ago - Tuesday 5 February
• 0930 Responded to a farm house at Patoka, where a 14 month old child was choking. The Rescue Helicopter delivered an Intensive Care Paramedic from St John to the scene, who provided initial on-site treatment of the child and then determined that transport of the distressed child along with parents on a road ambulance was the most appropriate mode of transport to Hawke’s Bay Hospital
• 1115 Transported a male with back injuries from Wairoa Hospital to Hastings Hospital.
8 months ago - Sunday 27th January
Responded to the cycleways immediately to the north of Napier Airport to a 53 year-old female cyclist who had fallen from her bike. Her location was inaccessible for road Ambulance, so the helicopter was required. She was transported to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
8 months ago - Wednesday 23rd January
Responded to Clifton after a landslide, initially we uplifted a 30 year-old male from the beach to Clifton camp ground for handover to road ambulance. The Lowe Corporation Rescue Helicopter remained on scene for several passes along the beach to ensure no other tourists were in the water. Palmerston North Rescue Helicopter also responded and transported a female patient to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
8 months ago - Monday 21st January
Tasked to rendezvous with a container ship 50 NM at sea off East Cape to extract a crewman with a medical condition – the crewman was successfully winched off the deck of the ship and flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for assessment and treatment. The TECT Trustpower Rescue Helicopter from Tauranga was involved in the missions to provide back up and support in the unlikely event of the mission not going to plan
8 months ago - Sunday 20 January
1600 Responded to an accident at Eskdale Mountain Bike Park for a 42 year old male who sustained arm injuries after falling from his bike. He was transported to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for further treatment.
8 months ago - Friday 18 January
0850 Responded to a car accident at Te Haroto for a 65 year old female who sustained head injuries. She was transported to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for further treatment.
8 months ago - Thursday 17 January
2100 Responded to Mahia to a male patient who had received finger and abdominal injuries from a grinder. He was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.
2230 Responded to Wairoa Hospital for a 13yo female with abdominal pain. She was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital.