Below you will find a summary of our recent missions. Our life-saving services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and are completely free of charge to everyone in Hawke's Bay. For more information about our work please contact the Fundraising Team on 06 878 1630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday 29th April
• 0815 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Waipukurau aerodrome to meet a road ambulance with a male patient, aged in his 80’s, suffering from a stroke.
• 1630 hours At request of DHB flew to Wairoa to retrieve a 3 y/o child with a broken arm as a result of a fall – the young child was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for follow up treatment.
- Tuesday 8th October
0730 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Porongahau for a female patient with a medical condition – the patient had passed away before arrival of the helicopter.
1030 hours flew a male patient, aged in his 70’s, with a cardiac condition directly to Wellington Hospital
1530 hours tasked by Air Desk to Pourerere to a male patient aged in his 20’s, with a hand injury as a result of entanglement in a boat winch – he was flown to Hawkes’ Bay Hospital for follow up treatment
- Sunday 29th December
• 0800 hours Flew to Wairoa to meet a St John Ambulance with a male patient, aged in his 70’s who had suffered a stroke, he was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for follow up assessment and traetment
• 1500 hours Flew to Wairoa Hospital with a DHB flight team to retrieve a young child who suffered a near drowning, she was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for follow up treatment.
• 1900 hours Tasked by Rescue Coordination Centre to conduct a search south of Mahia Peninsula for a reported man overboard from the cruise ship Norwegian Jewel, after searching unsuccessfully for 1 ½ hours our helicopter returned to base