Below you will find a summary of our recent missions. Our life-saving services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and are completely free of charge to everyone in Hawke's Bay. For more information about our work please contact the Fundraising Team on 06 878 1630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
5 years ago - The Rescue Helicopter responded to a request by the Rescue Coordination Centre, to search for a PLB (Personal Locator Beacon) that had been activated near the Ikawetea Forks Hut in the Ruahine Range. A tramping party of four was located in a stream bed close to the Range, where a 70 year old male had sustained an ankle injury and was unable to walk. He was winched out of the stream bed, and transported to Hawke's Bay Fallen Soldiers' Memorial Hospital for further treatment.
5 years ago - The Rescue Helicopter responded to an accident at Hatuma Road, south of Waipukurau, to airlift a 41-year-old female who had been hit by a motor vehicle whilst cycling. She had sustained various moderate injuries and was transported to the Hawke's Bay Regional Hospital for further treatment.
5 years ago - The Rescue Helicopter responded to a motor vehicle accident involving a van and a farm tractor, on a public road near Wanstead. The Hawke's Bay Rescue Helicopter Crew transported a 56 year old male and 16 year old female to hospital, both with multiple serious injuries. The Palmerston North Rescue Helicopter transported two patients to hospital, also from the scene, both suffering moderate injuries.
5 years ago - The Rescue Helicopter was responded to Mahia for a 65 year old male who had fallen 4 metres from a deck on his house and sustained a fractured ankle and wrist. He was transported to Hawke's Bay Regional Hospital for further treatment.
5 years ago - The Rescue Helicopter was responded to Ongaonga, to airlift a 25-year-old female from Essex, England. She had sustained hip and pelvic injuries following a fall from her horse. She was flown to HB Regional Hospital for further treatment.
- Sunday 26th January
1215 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Emerald Lake on the Tongariro Crossing to a 25 y/o female who had fallen and injured a leg – she was flown to Rotorua Hospital.
1915 hours tasked by Air Desk to Turangi to a male patient aged in his 70’s, who had fallen – he was flown to Waikato Hospital.
- Wednesday 29th April
• 0815 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Waipukurau aerodrome to meet a road ambulance with a male patient, aged in his 80’s, suffering from a stroke.
• 1630 hours At request of DHB flew to Wairoa to retrieve a 3 y/o child with a broken arm as a result of a fall – the young child was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for follow up treatment.
- Tuesday 8th October
0730 hours Tasked by Air Desk to Porongahau for a female patient with a medical condition – the patient had passed away before arrival of the helicopter.
1030 hours flew a male patient, aged in his 70’s, with a cardiac condition directly to Wellington Hospital
1530 hours tasked by Air Desk to Pourerere to a male patient aged in his 20’s, with a hand injury as a result of entanglement in a boat winch – he was flown to Hawkes’ Bay Hospital for follow up treatment
- Sunday 29th December
• 0800 hours Flew to Wairoa to meet a St John Ambulance with a male patient, aged in his 70’s who had suffered a stroke, he was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for follow up assessment and traetment
• 1500 hours Flew to Wairoa Hospital with a DHB flight team to retrieve a young child who suffered a near drowning, she was flown to Hawke’s Bay Hospital for follow up treatment.
• 1900 hours Tasked by Rescue Coordination Centre to conduct a search south of Mahia Peninsula for a reported man overboard from the cruise ship Norwegian Jewel, after searching unsuccessfully for 1 ½ hours our helicopter returned to base